Minimum System Requirements are the *very* minimum specs that your computer needs to run the software. If you try to use the program when your computer does not meet the minimum system requirements, you will experience a wide array of unpredictable results.
- Operating System: Windows 98/ME/XP with DirectX: 8.1
- Processor: Pentium III 700MHz or 100% compatible processor
- RAM: 256 Mb
- Hard Drive Space: 400 MB Free
- Drives: 4X CD-ROM
- Display: 256 Colors or Higher
- Graphics Card: 16 MB 3D Video Accelerator with DirectX 8.1 compliant video drivers (Recommended: 32 MB 3D accelerator with DirectX 8.1 compliant video drivers)
- Sound Card: DirectX 8.1 compatible sound card
- Other: Mouse
- New generation of Prism3D engine is used, with a lot of improvements and total overwrites of several areas.
- Experience the thrill of 15 different tractor trailers as you thunder across the highway at speeds of 80 mph. Each of them can be customized in some way!
- One big map is available in the game (whole of USA). The map is scaled down to a size that that is suitable for gameplay purposes.
- About 20 major cities available in the game
- The roads more or less is based on real road network
- Dynamic environment with day and night time and different road conditions, including fog, rain,snow and storm.
- The 40 other AI drivers cruising across the States along with you. A couple of them start their own competing companies and just like you hire the other independent drivers from the same pool, trying to build the best and biggest trucking operation. Bid on jobs, ride hard and put your competitors out of business
- The collision detection is significantly improved. There is some damage visible on the truck, the other cars sometimes fly a little through the air when you hit them hard ;-).
- You have a choice to activate turn signals manually or just have them operate on their own as a cheap visual effect when you take a turn. Other vehicles in the game use and understand turn signals of course.
- The game keep track on the mileage and you can find out these stats in the game (no odometer on dashboard).
- We have the different looking terminals to deliver cargo to, and they accept and produce different classes of cargo. The flows of different types of cargo is randomized for each new game a bit, so that no two games are the same.
- Haul more than 30 different types of goods, from live pigs and dangerous chemicals to mobile homes.
- Make split-second decisions regarding problems such as road hazards, accidents and even the police (improvemented police activity).
- A possibility truck and trailer skins change.
- Excellent map editor is included in patch 1.2 version and above.
- The road traffic is enhanced. We have increased the variety of AI traffic around you, and all the cars are about twice detailed compared to old Hard Truck: 18 Wheels of Steel.
- New different things was made (turn light, working mirrors, jake break, over 10 gears, etc.)