Like its predecessor called 18 Wheels of Steel: Pedal to the Metal, this game was developed by the Czech company SCS Software® and published by Valusoft® in 2005.
The aim of this game is to deliver goods around the United States and Canada, to earn money, to gather prestige and create convoy. Yes, that is true! It is the first trucking game where you can do it!
I must say, the convoy graphics is really very good, especially environment, trucks, trailers, roads and cities! Very realistic and big step in comparison to previous 18 Wheels of Steel series.
The game map was totally rebuilt, allowing us to get a lot fun out from bigger road system. Driving from one city to other one take an hour or more by road. Only Mexico was removed from game map in comparison to Pedal to the Metal.
What is new? SCS Software® did add some new features like driving a fire truck, a bus, a delivery vehicle, etc. in time missions. It looks almost like the Hard Truck 2 game sometimes... The missions will be available if you get right number of game points. To take on a special mission you have to position your truck over the mission icon, press Enter, and follow the on-screen instructions.
Sometimes 18 Wheels Just Ain't Enough!
Take the wheel of a fast paced, high intensity trucking business. Start as a one man show, bidding on jobs, then build your fleet into an unstoppable convoy and deliver the goods. Grow your business and your fleet, but beware - your reputation is everything.
10-4 Good Buddy. Bid on lucrative larger jobs and captain the convoys necessary to pull them off. But watch your back - the police are always looking to take a mighty convoy down!
Have fun playing the fourth truck sim game in the 18 Wheels of Steel series!
- Lock and load the big runs. There's power in numbers and your convoy's gonna rule the roadways.
- Feel the rumble of the road beneath the wheels of 35+ rigs and trailers.
- Haul asphalt through 40+ cities coast to coast and Canada.
- Bid on 45+ cargo types and prove you can handle the big jobs.
- Build your Convoy One Rig at a Time. Build your trucking empire from a single hauler to a vast network of big rigs criss-crossing North America.
- Take this Job and Love It! Comb the cargo docks, gas stations, highway motels and other meeting points to locate jobs and get yourself on the road.
- A Man's Only as Good as His Word. Build your reputation by getting the job done right. Bigger and better jobs wait for the trucker who gets'r done! Passing on the wrong job can get the competition on your tail and your name in the mud.
Minimum System Requirements are the *very* minimum specs that your computer needs to run the software. If you try to use the program when your computer does not meet the minimum system requirements, you will experience a wide array of unpredictable results.
- Operating System: Windows 98/ME/XP with DirectX: 9.0c
- Processor: Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon 1.2 GHz or 100% compatible processor
- RAM: 256 Mb
- Hard Drive Space: 200/500 MB Free (online/box version)
- Drives: 4X CD-ROM
- Display: 256 Colors or Higher
- 32MB 3D Video Accelerator with DirectX 9.0 compliant video drivers
- Sound Card: DirectX 9.0 compatible sound card
- Other: Mouse
- New generation of Prism3D engine is used, with a lot of improvements and total overwrites of several areas.
- The game world covers continental US from coast to coast, and several locations in Canada. Mexico was removed.
- Border checkpoint included in game.
- One big map is again available in the game. The map is quite bigger than the one in Pedal to the Metal.
- The number of cities has increased (41) as well as the mesh of connecting roads, and the resulting world is really huge.
- Much more time you need to drive from one city to other.
- You can choose up to 32 trucks!
- You can dispatch more than 90 different loads.
- The roads more or less is based on real road network.
- Much more trucks on the road!
- All truck interiors have more details now!
- More real looking cross roads and highway system.
- The improved world editor is a part of the game's executable.
- Police AI and car AI was rewritten. Police is more active now but not tiresome nevertheless.
- Police HUD is included in game.
- The first truck game with convoy possibility.
- New physics and collision system was rewritten.
- Sleeping time is removed from game.
- The real looking truckstop is now available. You can do all in one place ;-)
- Better looking cargo terminals.
- Special mission possibility: buses, double trailers, cars.
- Mini map as GPS is included to game.
- Rear view mirrors at last.
- The graphics are enhanced.
- You have a choice to activate turn signals manually or just have them operate on their own as a cheap visual effect when you take a turn. Other vehicles in the game use and understand turn signals of course.
- kmph or mph display mode possibility.
- Simple tutorial is included in the beginning of game.
|Throttle||Up Arrow, W|
|Brake/Reverse||Down Arrow, S|
|Turn steering wheel to left||Left Arrow, A|
|Turn steering wheel to right||Right Arrow, D|
|Shift Up (manual)||Left Ship|
|Shift Down (manual)||Right Shift|
|Right Turn Signal||]|
|Left Turn Signal||[|
|Free Rotate Camera||2|
|Drive by Camera||5|
|Camera Rotate||Right Shift + Mouse|
|Look Left||Mouse Left|
|Look Right||Mouse Right|
|Look Up||Mouse Up|
|Look Down||Mouse Down|