Minimum System Requirements are the *very* minimum specs that your computer needs to run the software. If you try to use the program when your computer does not meet the minimum system requirements, you will experience a wide array of unpredictable results.
- Processor: 1.4 GHz Pentium 4 or compatible
- RAM: 256 MB
- Free Hard Drive Space: 200/540 MB Free (online/box version)
- Graphics Card: 64 MB graphics accelerator
- Sound Card: DirectX 9 compatible sound card
- DirectX 9
- Processor: 2.0 GHz Pentium 4 or compatible
- RAM: 1 GB RAM
- Graphics Card: 128 MB graphics accelerator
Note that for maximum enjoyment SCS Software suggests playing 18 Wheels of Steel Haulin' game with a force-feedback wheel and pedals control system.
- new generation of Prism3D engine is used, with a lot of improvements and total overwrites of several areas.
- better compatibility and utilization of graphics card
- large enhancement in tree rendering
- better skies and sun depiction
- improved the audio system
- enhanced the truck driving simulation
- there are 24 companies in game
- the game world covers complete United States of America and Canada territory
- the number of cities is the same like in Convoy .
- much closer to reality system of roads, especially of interstates and highways, than what was present in Convoy.
- much more time you need to drive from one city to other.
- border checkpoint included in game.
- you can choose up to 32 trucks!
- real looking interiors of trucks
- several new loads and trailers in comparison to Convoy
- much more kind of AI trucks on the road 
- the improved world editor is a part of the game's executable but without support.
- traffic/AI system is much improved from previous versions
- improved intelligence of ongoing traffic drivers
- "legal status" HUD is included in game.
- dashboard and internal HUD has more details now!
- low beam and full beam mode inluded by pressing [L] key.
- kmph/mph mode
- buying trucks and trailers is posible.
- sleeping time is included but in new option.
- playing in Free or Compaign Mode is possible.
- new parkings, scales, truckstops, repair stations etc.
- vast majority of the elements in the environment is rebuilt from scratch, so you can indeed expect to run into a whole lot of new things.
The HUD provides you with visual information about the state of your truck. It looks more professional then in previous 18 WoS series now.
The upper HUD provides you usefull information about your bank account balance, legal status, cargo destination, and truck and trailer damage levels.
There is the bottom HUD on the screen showed only in other camera view than Cabin one. You can see all the main icons of the dashboard such as speedometer (mph/kph) with distance traveled in miles, tachometer with the current gear icon, fuel tank indicator, full-beam lights, normal lights, left and right blinker, hand brake and and motor brake icons.
It is not all you can see there. SCS Software give you more than before. There are new icons they provides you information about the braking system air pressure and water temperature.
As in real life, you must respect all traffic regulations.
The legal status is represented as a red bar. If you commit a traffic offense, such as driving in the wrong direction, running a red light, or crashing into another vehicle, then the red bar will grow. If you encounter the police with a red legal status, you may be fined for traffic offenses.
If you are lucky you will get only warning!
Penalty fee [$]
running a red light
driving in the wrong direction
driving and on-duty limits violation
avoiding mandatory check
falling to illuminatge headlights
These penalty fees are only as an example.
They are variable and can be showed as total fees of your all offences.