Minimum System Requirements are the *very* minimum specs that your computer needs to run the software. If you try to use the program when your computer does not meet the minimum system requirements, you will experience a wide array of unpredictable results.
- Operating System: Windows 98/ME/XP with DirectX: 8.1
- Processor: Pentium III 800MHz or 100% compatible processor
- RAM: 256 Mb
- Hard Drive Space: 200/500 MB Free (online/box version)
- Drives: 4X CD-ROM
- Display: 256 Colors or Higher
- Graphics Card: 32 MB 3D Video Accelerator with T&L and DirectX 8.1 compliant video drivers (Recommended: 32 MB 3D accelerator with DirectX 8.1 compliant video drivers)
- Sound Card: DirectX 8.1 compatible sound card
- Other: Mouse
- New generation of Prism3D engine is used, with a lot of improvements and total overwrites of several areas.
- The game world covers continental US from coast to coast, and several locations in Canada and Mexico.
- Border checkpoint included in game
- One big map is available in the game. The map is quite bigger than the one in Across America.
- The number of cities has increased (30) as well as the mesh of connecting roads, and the resulting world is really huge.
- You can choose up to 35 trucks.
- You can dispatch 45 cargo types.
- The roads more or less is based on real road network.
- The hidden roads, short cuts are available.
- The improved world editor is once again a part of the game's executable.
- Police AI and car AI was rewritten.
- Dashboard HUD has "Motor Brake" indicator now.
- Eight camera viewpoints.
- Weather forecast is included on the map.
- Low beam and full beam mode inluded by pressing [L] key.
- New physics and collision system is rewritten.
- The handling of the trucks has been completely redone for the new game.
- You can be an employee driving for another company, and the AI boss would command you around. You can become independent owner-operator in control of your fortune, and you can also progress to become an owner of your own big trucking business with other drivers working for you.
- Sleeping time come back but only as an option to switch on/off based on the player's preferences, just as several other simulation features that can be toggled on and off.
- Vast majority of the elements in the environment is rebuilt from scratch, so you can indeed expect to run into a whole lot of new things.